Rolling Stone, one the best and most trusted crypto-magazines on the internet, has gone offline due to an ongoing security breach.
The magazine is the site that first published the leaked nude photos of former model Ashley Madison’s founder, Noel Biderman, published by The Intercept on July 20.
Rolling Stone has published several articles about the hacking and sexual misconduct allegations against former CEO Joe Weisenthal, and has also published a profile of prominent former Trump adviser Roger Stone, and its first profile of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.
The publication of the nude photos, which are believed to be from the former members of the site’s staff, prompted the resignation of its editor in chief, Sabrina Rubin Erdely, who previously had reported from Russia and had been a frequent guest on the site.
In an interview with Newsweek, Rolling Stone publisher David J. Stapleton said that the magazine had become increasingly paranoid about a potential breach, but was unable to get access to the site due to its proprietary encryption.
Stopleton told Newsweek that the breach was discovered on July 16, a day before the magazine’s staff was scheduled to meet with editors to discuss the release of the leaked photos.
He added: “The security at the site is very high.
This has not been the case previously, and there has never been a breach of any sort.
We’re in the process of contacting our security firm to determine what the impact will be and what we need to do to make sure that it doesn’t happen again.””
We don’t know how long this will take.
We don’t have an estimate, but it’s going to take a while.
I’m sure we’ll get back to you.”
Stapleton told reporters that the publication had “zero tolerance for this kind of thing.”
He added that the company was working with a “security firm” to determine the scope of the breach, and would be “investigating every single avenue to get to the bottom of it.”
He also told Newsweek: “We have zero tolerance for hacking, and we are working with the security firm that was assigned this task to determine exactly what happened.
I don’t want to speculate.”
Rolling Stones staff members were expected to be briefed about the security breach by the magazine on Friday.
According to Stapletons statement, the company will be contacting security experts to determine how the breach occurred.
Rolling Stone has been offline for at least three days and has no staff members working on the website, and the magazine did not provide any details of what caused the breach.
Stapleton said he expected to hear back from the magazine “in a few hours.”
Stapeletons company has said that it was notified by the US government of the security breaches, and that the publisher has requested that its staff and employees at the company not be “mislead or pressured” into leaving the country.
Stapperons office in the US is located in the city of New York, which is home to several US intelligence agencies.
Rollings Stone said that a team from the company’s security firm was investigating the breach on Friday, and had reached out to its staff to ask for their help.
Stapeleton told the Newsweek interview that the failure to communicate to staff and to the public about the breach and the possibility of a future breach was concerning.
“We didn’t know what had happened, we were not given the full story.
We were told the news was coming out by the government,” he said.
“And then the company that we work for didn’t want us to tell people.”
According to the New York Times, Staplettons office was not searched for anyone.
The Intercept published the hacked images on July 24.
The magazine published a series of articles, including one about Bidermans resignation, on July 27, which was published by the website.
Rollers Stone said on Monday that the leaks contained “a vast trove of nude photos from the lives of millions of men” and that it had “never seen anything like it before.”
Stapperons resignation from the publication came after the publication of an article by Newsweek and a piece by Vice in June that revealed a sexual harassment and assault incident involving a former employee of the publication.
The publication of Bidermann’s resignation on July 23 followed a series by Vice, and a story published by Newsweek on July 25 that revealed that the site had a longstanding sexual harassment policy and “frequently asked women for help.”
The New York Post reported on July 26 that Bidermen resigned after the site published a story in which the former employee said she was assaulted in a hotel room.
Bider man told the publication that she was attacked by a staffer while she was on a trip to London and that a staff member told her to lie about it, according to the Post.
“It is not our place to judge other people’s character,” Biderwoman told the Post in an email, but